Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Formula for Success

How many books have you read or heard of in your lifetime that proclaim the perfect formula or plan or steps that lead to successful living? There are most assuredly hundreds that have been written....

7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Stephen Covey
The On Purpose Person: - Making your life make sense

Kevin McCarthy
How to Win Friends and Influence People

Dale Carnegie
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living

Dale Carnegie
The Power of Positive Thinking

Norman Vincent Peale
How To Get What You Want

Zig Ziglar

and SO many others you could list I am sure...

Today I read scripture that stood up and waved and got my attention. Good stuff.
A formula for SUCCESS. I had to share it with someone else. :-)

Here is the Scripture:

"Come and hear, all of you who reverence the Lord, and I will tell you what He did for me: For I cried to Him for help with praise ready on my tongue. He would not have listened if I had not confessed my sins. But He listened! He heard my prayer! He paid attention to it!
Blessed be God, who didn't turn away when I was praying and didn't refuse me His kindness and love." (Psalm 66:16-20)


I think I'll call this THE SIX STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL AND SERENE LIVING.

1. Reverence the Lord. Ever have those feelings of awe and extreme respect for God? It is usually after you have spent time with Him listening to Him talk...yeah, that means you were taking time to read His Words....Bible reading...and God the Holy Spirit spoke to your spirit.

2. Cry out to Him....um....that means TALK to Him. Ever go through the morning and step into the afternoon, and realize that you haven't prayed once that day, spent some intimate time with God????

3. with praise ready on my tongue. That smacks of an expectant attitude. As I am talking, asking, crying out, I am absolutely so expecting Him to respond to me that I have my praises already sitting on my tongue. I am ready to thank Him for listening, and caring, and working things out for my best...wow, >asking with my Thank You ready and waiting.

4. He would not have listened if I had not confessed my sins... I am not flippant about my relationship with God that I would be so bold and prideful to think He will listen to my needs if I have wronged Him. I must seek restoration in that area. I remind myself of my position before a Holy God.

5. He listened! He heard! He paid attention! I am confident of my standing with God. I have held myself accountable to be in good relationship with Him by my assurance through Jesus Christ's work for me. I know without a doubt He has received my request.

6. Blessed be God, who didn't turn away...didn't refuse His Kindness and love to me. I give praise to Him for His faithfulness to me. I express gratitude for His grace to willingly accept my petition. I accept His plan as what's best. I know His will is filled with kindness and love. I testify of this to others.





This is my post to myself today. An entry into my e-journal. To come back and read later....down the road...when I review this journey I have travelled with God as my constant companion. All of the Good Stuff He tells me as we talk and walk.





Our God is an awesome God. How will one ever know this ...without doubt...if they do not spend time getting to know Him better? This is what He desires of us. And I for one, definitely desire to get to know HIM better. What a Friend we have in Jesus. He wants to help us while we remain here, until we get to our eternal home where all will be sweet and burden-free.




Spend some time with the One who knows you best. It is a formula that cannot fail you.
It's amazing! He is mindful of us. He hears us when we call. He is thinking of us. He loves us! God, the Lord Jesus Christ calls us Friend.



Blessings,

signature



No comments: