Friday, December 2, 2011

Beauty In Simplicity


VERY much desiring to keep it simple once again this year...

Last Christmas I had a difficult time trying to muster up some "umph" to decorate for Christmas...
I was still mourning the loss of my mama on Thanksgiving Day. The fact that she LOVED Christmastime and enjoyed decorating her entire house pretty much kicked and spurred me into putting a few things out. I knew I NEEDED to do it for my family if for no other reason...

Here is the little tree I FINALLY got put up in the Living Room last year the week of Christmas...Kam was about to go out and buy a tree himself! *found this one pre-lit at the little thrift shop there..thankful that I got something up...now. It's downstairs in the "mancave" this year. :-)



This year..in the new nest in Iowa I am hearing a small voice inside to just "KISS" the Christmas holidays when adorning the house. **Keep It Simple Sister!** I'm not sure what our plans will be for our family gatherings...where, when, how, what.... so I am just wanting to put a small Advent and Holiday touch or feather here or there to announce the season is upon us...that's about it...

Feeling more than ever before, that Christmas is about LOVE...family. PEOPLE. Decorating and Baking and Shopping and Wrapping are ALL GOOD! :-) But isn't "all that" really about reaching out ~ offering Love... to Loved ones - Dear friends - People who serve you throughout the year - Neighbors?



Emulating what God did...offered the ultimate LOVE gift of His son...Immanuel...GOD with US...here on our turf. and now every year a special day to celebrate the birthday of THE ONE who was the picture of the perfect gift. Reaching out...and touching another...with love. forgiveness redemption forever amen.

a Few oh so simple additions here and there to testify that The Beloved Season of Christmas is coming... Kiss the holiday. :-) and of course HUGS to the bloggy sisters... xoxo








Just by adding some greenery or berries from your own yard...this time of year...is SO beautiful. *missing my nandina and holly berries in the Woodberry cottage yard..
Had to use "faux" berries on the family room mantel..




OLD WORLD Santas... Saint Nicholas...SINTERKLAAS








Precious and simple Nativity scenes..





a little bling...



Not so sure about that TREE right now...waiting for final plans...

Whatever you do for Christmas...whether it's an ALL-OUT-GO-FOR-IT-PULL-OUT-ALL-THE-STOPS decorated Christmas for many to enjoy...or just a kiss Christmas...have a blessed and beautiful...peaceful and love-filled holiday SEASON. Don't get caught up in the world's giving. Get caught and tangled up in the Heavenly kind of giving...from the heart. It lasts forever. It speaks what words cannot say. It touches the soul.

My wish to you, my bloggy sisters and visitors...a blessed memorable Christmas of 2011. As the year comes to its finish line...may we all look back and be able to say..I ran the course well, I hung in there, I gave it my best shot...and when that seemed to be dwindling..I felt the touch of God guiding me to the line...carrying me.

God is Good.

God Is Love.

7 comments:

Mom on a mission said...

I love all the pictures! I miss my Grandma so much during these holidays, the first year us always the hardest! Everything is changing....thus year I kept my house decorations to a minimum, it was just to hard with so many people passing this year. I wish you a very blessed holiday season my friend:)

Sandy said...

My mom loved Christmas and all the decorations too and, as I've told you, she died the morning after Thanksgiving. We have to carry on, I think, even with something as simple as decorating for the seasons. What you've done is very pretty and festive.
Hugs~

Dianna said...

Been thinking of you and wondering how the plans for Christmas were coming. I, too, am allowing simplicity to be the key in my decking our halls here in WV. The preparation of my heart during this Advent season is my main focus.

I pray the Lord blesses your family with a precious time of family being together for Christmas 2011.

xo

Theresa said...

God is GOOD and God is LOVE:) I agree with remembering the Reason for the Season! I am doing less this year than I ever have! It is ALL about Family and Friends, at home and at Church!

Love your decorations! Hope you all get to be together for the Holidays! HUGS!

Julie Harward said...

I love the rooster in the basket pic! I am keeping it so simple this year..it is not like me at all but I am loving it! ;D

Tete said...

May the joy of Christmas embrace your soul and light your way through the days ahead. When we give a loved one back to God, we do see things with different eyes. No longer blinded by the bling of the superficial, but we see the importance of the here and now, that we may never all be here together again.
Your decor, your words and your faith always brighten my day.;)

Joyce said...

I love you blogger sis!!! I love reading your posts! They always lift my spirit up! Not that it is down, but it always makes me happier. I am glad you are getting settled there. Can't wait to read more of your kiss to Christmas.
xoxo