Friday, April 10, 2009

IN LOVE.......STANDING IN AWE

Today is Friday, April 10th, 2009. Today I am reminded of Who my Savior is. I am reminded of What He did for me.

It was most certainly a dark and dismal day for the ones who witnessed their Lord dying on the cross. All of their hopes must have been dashed in those final days, as they watched the One they believed was their Messiah being crucified. How incredibly traumatic it must have been!

But today...we know better. It is not Dismal Friday. It is Good Friday! All that had to be accomplished for God's redemption to take place was completed. It was finished!

It remains finished for you and I today. Praise the Lord.

"After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do." (John 17:1-4)

Even though it looked like the plans of men were being carried out, they were not!

God was still overseeing and directing every single moment of Easter weekend. It looked hopeless and devastating, but victory was coming.

Even today, God still sees His plans done. He is working both when we see His handiwork, and when we don't. He is a God who sustains continuously and tirelessly behind the scenes of life as we see it.

This is the original weekend that Justin would have graduated from Marine Boot Camp, had he finished in the timeline from the day he first arrived and set foot on Parris Island. But because of his bout with pneumonia, he was set back 6 weeks.

As I think on that, I know without a doubt, that the God who orchestrated the immensely HUGE plan of Christ His Son coming to earth to live and die and redeem you and I back to Himself,... also plans and puts into place the very smallest details of our lives for our best. It is His best, so we can rest assured that it is all for good.

Just as long ago on a hill called Golgotha, people like you and I suffered the agony of not knowing what was going on, or why, and feeling like life was falling apart, you and I experience the same misunderstandings and doubts about what is happening in our world and in our walks today! But we know that we have a God we can call out to. He does not turn aside from our requests. He makes all things new and good.

This I know for my eternal salvation. This I know for Justin's journey on Parris Island.

God is good....all the time...God is good. :-)

I stand in awe, and beyond that, I kneel before the God who has a love so deep and so wide, that I cannot understand how far-reaching it is.


Jesus.... may we be so in love with you, for what you gave for us, that it incredibly changes everything about us. May our lives be sweet offerings to You.

Fall in love with Jesus again this Easter. Feel the awe and wonder of being loved so deeply .

Blessings on this Good Friday...

signature



No comments: