Saturday, May 2, 2009

Strength Will Rise As We Wait Upon The Lord...

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)


Today I am thinking of my oldest son, Justin. I know that his journey on Parris Island is rapidly coming to its destination. The young men in his platoon continue to train and prepare to face the CRUCIBLE, the culmination of all their skills and their final proving test for becoming a Marine. I have written Justin encouraging him once again to remember the Source of his strength as he enters into this final event. I know that he will.

He has been written week after week, with encouraging notes and verses to help keep him focused when he has been dead tired and weary to the bone.

And now this Recruit Mama writes him once more to cheer him on and say I believe fully that he will do well. I know that all he commits to God will be finished with success, as he does it with all his heart as unto the Lord.

I sent him my two favorite claimed promises for while he has endured this time in his life, and I printed out the words to the accompanying song on this post today.

As we walk through our own moments of our civilian, everyday lives in this broken world, with so much to drag us down and cause fear in our hearts, may we too, remember the promises in these verses I send to Justin again.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

"Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens, Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing...Do you not know?

Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:26, 28-31)


Are you finding yourself continuously walking through tough times? Do you hear yourself silently asking God Why?...or When? more often than you desire? Are there too many moments in your day where you feel like you are crumbling, and you fear reaching that breaking point if one more negative setback comes your way? Do you feel like you could be experiencing a real-life Crucible?

Take hold of Courage!!!

Go to THE ONE that you know will enable you to overcome!!

Turn to His words of promise and encouragement in the Psalms!

Be still and Wait... believing...He will hear your requests for strength.

You will conquer in due time, because you have the only ONE AND ONLY who will raise you up, bring you through, and SEE IT DONE.

Feel His Strength IN YOU... Your God is unshakable.

Remember the words of this song when you are down and out. Sing them out loud. Claim them before the enemy who would seek to defeat you! :-)
signature


<

No comments: