Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Musings

I just finished up a weekend of dogsitting a dachshund that I can only label a "Pistol Pete". He is the only dog I have ever dealt with in my years of rescue, working for a professional petsitting business, working for a professional kennel/boarding service, and my own petsitting jobs that I have totally NOT enjoyed. He is a nipper/biter. He got me for the second time this last visit. NO MORE SERVICE for this client!!! It's a little humiliating since he is my smallest client canine, and yet the most ferocious!!! {:-o

We will be finishing up our annual CAT testing for homeschool this week. Yes, it is dragging out. Can you tell it is not an enjoyable or relished experience in this home??? We'll celebrate when it's over.

Jonny went out and bought a laptop for himself this past Friday. That now brings the total of computers in our house to 6!!! Wow...not sure how I feel about that.
Katie has her own, which she custom built for herself, and she has a laptop that she also uses with her online studies. We have a family computer, really the "boy's computer" in the family room which is probably the oldest and seems to be getting slower by the month. I think this may have been a big reason that Jonny went out and bought a laptop for himself, since he does schoolwork on the computer now. He will be using it in our dining room, not his room... which he feels creates a safety zone of accountability and responsibility, as do his parents!

Kurt and I have a computer in our bedroom that was a gift from our kids on our 25th wedding anniversary. (Yes, they are generous children.) Kurt also has a laptop that his precious daughter bought for him when he went to Ohio because he had no access to do personal computer work and messaging when he was working there.
This seems like a lot of computer equipment in one house, but as much as this electronic age has developed, I guess it is convenient, considering how many people are "users." I know that colleges now require most students to have one upon entering their freshman year.

I am glad to say that we still only have one TV... very old, and closed away in an entertainment center except when it is in use for DVD use, Jeopardy, or the news, ...and yes, the Monday episodes of "24." I am attempting to watch as little TV as possible. It is a part of my "Developing Stronger Disciplines" 2009 goal for my life, as I reflect on one of my Year verses:

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be
any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Phil. 4:6-8)


This weekend we got to watch the first DVD made by Alex and Stephen Kendrick, the makers of Facing The Giants, and Fireproof. It is titled "Flywheel", and the storyline and plot are just as good as the other two movies these brothers have produced and directed. We really enjoyed it. Their movies are encouraging, edifying, and sometimes even tearjerkers. We are anxiously looking forward to their next movie. They are all glorifying to God.

We are anticipating Justin's final weeks with excitement and prayer as his graduation from Boot Camp is scheduled for Friday, May 22nd. We look forward to receiving a letter this week updating us about his Warrior Training, and the second table of Rifle Firing to see what he scored and how that will play into his future training experiences. Time is really starting to go by fast...

Enough musing about this week. It is Sunday!
Today is our Lord's Day. We desire and look forward to worshipping HIM with our church family. We are thankful for such a wonderful pastor and church home here in Charlotte.
Blessings!!
signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7 computers, if you count my old, OOC PC in my closet. Hahaha... yeah, we're all "users". ;-)