Friday, September 11, 2009

Courage Lives On...

Psalm 91
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”



Today is September 11, 2009. Has it really been 8 years?

Many people say that Americans have forgotten what it was like that day. They have forgotten the trauma, the disbelief, the shock of what happened to our country as militant terrorists proceeded to carry out a plan to disrupt and destroy the peace and stability of our nation.

Have we forgotten? I don't think so. I believe that over time we become seared. We live in a society and culture that models and preaches service to self.

I believe that it is only when we lift our eyes up to our Lord, and rise above the radar line of this realm and its everyday events, and ask for God's eyes to see what HE sees... that we will never forget, not get seared, and stay alert and ready for what God has called us to carry out in this world.

Today I am pondering that day back on September 11, 2001 more than ever. I find myself in the ranks of a group of moms that is growing rapidly! "Marine Mom."
And also many other "Military Moms." Our sons and daughters have stepped up and answered a calling or a desire from deep within to go out and serve their country.



God bless our military people. God protect all of our servicemen, policemen, firemen, the first responders to all traumas and tragedies that do occur in our world. God keep them and empower them to remember their duty and their calling. To protect the innocent, to fight and conquer the evil, and to preserve the justice and freedoms that are ordained by God the Creator and Sustainer of all life. May they have righteous hearts that strive to serve God in their very honorable and yet very aggressive calling. Pray for them. Thank God for them.

They are our sentinels at the gate, they are the night watchmen, they are the warriors that keep us safe. Stand firm with our military persons. We may not like war, and we may not support all of the reasons these men and women are sent out, but we MUST support their sacrifices, their willingness to go and do what others will not. They have answered the call.

What will be our part??? Today is a memorable part of America's history. It is a sad day.
But it was a wake-up call. Don't be caught slumbering again because you have become seared, dulled to what is always possible. God help us. May it never happen again.
May our Marines, soldiers and sailors be kept in His hand and brought back home to the land they love and would die for.



If you see a First Responder today, or a Military person, thank them. It's the small things in life that sometimes mean the most to these people.

I LOVE MY HONORABLE MARINE. God bless him and keep him in the palm of HIS hand.


Remembering the lives of those who were killed on this day.

1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a beautiful and touching tribute! God bless your Marine for his service. I am so glad you put your link on the (in)courage site. Thank you for sharing!