Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Update and Thank you...

Just an update to all of you who have left comments saying you were remembering my mom, and hoping she was doing better.

I don't blog a lot about the progress of the cancer and the effects it has on her. It is a sometimes painful subject to broach as I watch her diminish with her thoughts and reasoning powers. She has her good times and her challenging times. When it becomes too much for us to handle, we call on Hospice to help talk and work with her.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I know I love you all who would even think of saying a little prayer, and I know my dad probably feels those prayers many times throughout the day.

It is not an easy path, but knowing that I am not alone, that many others have travelled this same way on a journey with a loved one who is losing a battle with cancer....that is comforting.
We will make it. The Lord never promised us easy sailing or no storms, but HE does promise to get us safely to the other side. That's good enough. :-)

Blessings to you all... Hoping with a very BIG hope for some mail or phone call from Justin.
No letters for a month, and we are into our 6th week of no phone call...
Hungry to hear his precious voice...
Thank you all for praying for him.
Keep praying for Justin from Georgia..He is so close to the end of his tour...!!
Billy, too. He is about to come back to the States after a year and a half in Japan.
Please keep praying for Sgt. Maj. Jeff. He has such a burden to carry with his responsibility over so many lives...
God bless, and Hugs...

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh dear Julie, I am praying for all of you! It is so hard on the loved ones to watch their precious family suffer! I pray you all keep the strength you need to take care of your Mama!

I also pray that you hear from Justin soon, Cindy got a call yesterday and it had been a LONG time since his last call. The gaps are way too long between calls:( I pray both Justin's safety always! Have a blessed day my friend and a big 'ole Ganky hug coming to you!!!!!

Cindy Lou said...

My Dear Friend Julie, I pray for our guys so many times during a day and I know that God hears our prayers and I know that the wait for that phone call is so very hard and I have waited a longed to hear his voice so many times!! Just do as I do..."No News Is Good News!!" This saying has got me through times of no letters and no calls and I just say it over and over again!

My prayers are also with you and your family! I pray God give each of you the special touch and the amount of strength that each of you need during this time!

Blessings from Georgia!!

Sandy said...

Dear Julie, I am continuing to pray for
all of your precious family. Keep your
heart and mind fixed on Jesus. He is
your peace, as I am sure you know.
Love,
Sandy

Dianna said...

Dear Julie...for truly you are just that to me...dear. My heart goes out to you as you watch your mom suffer so with this battle. I loved the pictures you posted yesterday of your parents with Justin. Those are the kinds of memories to hold fast to when you have to watch her slipping away. I love you and pray for you and your dad especially during this time. May you be blessed with courageous hearts.

Anonymous said...

hi Julie we think of your mom all the time and what she is going through. You are all handling it with such grace anddignity when I see a picture of her makes you think she has always been a very gracious person and you just know you would love her when you meet her.I got a call from Sgt.Maj Jeff well 3 really!!!! I was so upset we missed his call as we were both at work he tried home, my cell etc. and left messages on both which of course I played over and over and over again. Then he called me Sunday night (Monday morning there)we got to talk for 45 min. and it was wonderful. He sounds exhuasted and I can hear the weight of it all in his voice but he said not to worry. Yeah right.He said on the 14th it would be the half way point for our "boys" so this is a good thing. Take care and sure hope you hear from Justin real soon. nancy

billypandnikkysmom said...

I think of your mom & say a prayer for her every day. I know that you must be so tired from worry for you parents and Justin...I keep all of you in my prayers all of the time, if ever there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask. Know that we are all praying so hard for you and your family. Blessing & prayers....