Tuesday, July 6, 2010

White Wednesdays



Kathleen is on her 55th White Wednesday over at her FADED CHARM blog.

Pop over there and enjoy some pretty and interesting white finds...

http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/



Spied it, made a beeline, and grabbed it up at the Salvation Army Store... love the chippy white cottage-garden look. Put it in my bedroom.



Loved this old pansy print and couldn't leave it behind. The frame is a hard plastic, but that's okay. It is lovely. Hanging in my bathroom.


Little vintage daisy mirror at the Thrift ... also now in my bathroom


Changed out the blue and white floral curtain that's been in here quite a while to an all white look. The curtain pulled up and pinned is just an old tablecloth that was my grandmother's. I put 12 button holes across the top long ago and made it a shower curtain "layer"... The topper and chenille curtain came from the thrift store.


There were two of these wire baskets at Salvation Army store.- .99 for both. but they were brown. I spray painted the smaller one white and it is in my bath.
That's all for today.

Thank you all who stopped by to say hi. Thank you all for remembering Justin when you pray for our guys and gals over in Afghanistan. Been three weeks and we haven't heard from him. Hoping and praying maybe this week!!!

Carolina Hugs to all, and God's blessings to you.

15 comments:

Tete said...

Love your finds! May God bless your son and bring him home soon.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Super thrift store finds! LOVE the planter!
Beth

CACHANILLA73 said...

Beautiful!! it's so calm, so serene. Love the distress look. The previous post was very moving, love the verses.

Blessings and hugs...

Cotty

Theresa said...

Wow great finds dear Julie! I love them all, but my favorites in this post are that gorgeous curtain and that chippy planter in your bedroom! OMG you found a beauty there!

I am praying for Justin and I pray you get to hear his sweet voice soon! BIG HUGS from your Georgia Sister!

Sandy said...

Well, the Salvation Army store in Charlotte
certainly has the one in Asheville beat!
Such pretty finds! I am enjoying my lovely
bunny pillow I found at the Good Will here
recently though. It was only $1.75 and I
love it.
Holding Justin up before the Lord...
Blessings,
Sandy

KK said...

Hadn't seen the planter.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love all of your finds but that shower curtain is amazingly beautiful!!! Keeping Justin and the other men and women in my prayers. I am thankful to them all.
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Sandi said...

WOW!! Love your item in the first photo the best. Fleur de lis design..I would have fought you over that one. JK!!
Happy WW!
Blessings~

★Carol★ said...

I love all of your finds! That chippy planter is sooo pretty, and so is the daisy mirror. I have a huge mirror made out of the same plastic as the pansy print. I have it hanging on my front porch! You've definitely got a great eye for spotting treasures!
Happy White Wednesday!
Carol

Rebecca said...

Love the scrolly thing in the first photo-is it old?

billypandnikkysmom said...

Great finds......you always find a place for everything! Praying for Justin, everyday. I know it's hard not hearing from him, just be strong & keep the faith! He'll call as soon as he can, I promise! Praying for his safe return & your phone call ;D

Have a great night...big ole hugs & prayers coming your way ~ RAH MMS ;)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful whites! Hi from a fellow NC blogger. I live in the Asheville area.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I really like your DAISY mirror in the bathroom!!! :-)
Hope you hear from your Justin soon. Waiting is so hard on the family back home. Hugs to you.

Dianna said...

Hello there,
I loved this post, Julie! You find such special things when you go to your favorite thrift shops! I'd love to see a full photo shot of your bathroom...it's gorgeous seeing it bit by bit. It has to be beautiful to see the whole thing together.

Praying for that Justin Marine. And for you and the family...and your mom and dad.

Love and hugs coming to you,
Dianna

Candylei said...

Where are all of these great thrifts stores located? Great finds and now your treasures.