Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Musings....

This past weekend was a Good Weekend. I was freed of pet sitting duties. I was able to tackle some "hanging projects." Friday night as I lay down to recharge and sleep, I set my goals. Not too many, just ones I thought were doable...weather permitting.

Mission accomplished. The yard got attacked with a vengeance. It was hot and heavy duty work trimming, weeding, clearing, and Hubby did a lot of shovel work. It feels good. My partner in diligence said I wore him out, but he sure did good!

All of our vehicles got vacuumed and washed and any necessary maintenance work done.
One of those tasks was unexpected on Friday evening! On his way home, Kurt's clutch went out on this faithful old Toyota truck. I had to go out and pick him up and then he and his loyal assistant Jonny went back, as soon as he had gotten some food in himself, flashlight in hand, to replace it in the parking lot of a gas station. Bless his heart. HE did it.!! God is good.

We finally heard from our Marine. He had been in training in Virginia for two weeks and we had not heard a peep. No Phones allowed. They were the first battalion ever to spend the entire two weeks out in the field at the training location. Justin said it was a good two weeks. He continues to relish his training and calling. For this, I am grateful. We miss our honorable son. He is constantly on our mind and on the edge of our hearts. We pray mightily for him. God bless them all.

My dear husband is treading some familiar waters today, though he has not visited them in a while. He has a job interview. Just this fact alone seems to show that the job market is finally, slowly starting to open up a little more. It is fully committed to the Lord. The moment rests in His hands, His plans for us, and His Divine Will. It is an opportunity, Kurt and I both feel and acknowledge...for God to use Kurt to shine, to give honor and glory to Christ as he talks and visits with these people. The outcome of that time is laid at God's feet. Every day we live for God. Every person we come into contact with provides a chance to be light in a world crying out in darkness.

We do not need to live for ourselves. It's not about us. This is our reality in this lifetime. When we fully "get that", our whole life mission and calling become clear.
God wants us simply to be....one who follows fast and hard after the One whom we love best.

So, who do you love best in this world? That's what you need to identify and get a grip on. It will change everything. Who are you most intimate with in your everyday happenings? Whom do you always turn to FIRST to tell your joys to? your heartfelt pains to? your fears and most scary thoughts to? That will be who you tend to follow after.

Living in this world in these times can become scary if we dwell on the "in-your- face" realities that sometimes are shouting a little too closely, right on the edge of our comfort zone,almost stepping over the border into our courtyard of safety. It makes our hearts speed up when we wonder what tomorrow will bring.

God is our Strength. He is our Rock. He is our Faithful One, who will never leave us, when all others have disappeared. This is the Rope of Faith we cling to, when we look out, hanging on for all we are worth, searching the horizon for help!

Look UP! God is there. Let your eyes of faith lock into His eyes of Love looking down at you. Remember His promises for you.

"This is what the Lord says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14)

My mind races through my musings today...this Monday. I know that this life is hard. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I know that this life is fleeting. It is a small, small dot on the long ever-stretching line of eternity. We cannot give up.

I know this life is GOOD! Because God is still in it. He has not left, not turned away...not once. The Lord God, Creator of the Heavens and this Earth is on His watch, ever in control, all things happening under His careful and loving care.

I praise Him today for this truth. I praise Him today for giving me the FAITH to know that this is my reality. God is faithful and true, unchanging, yesterday, today, and forever. He is unshakable. He is unstoppable. He is God and God alone. And this God is OUR GOD!!

Praise God today for Who He Is. And take heart, be recharged that this is your reality. He is with you until the end of this age.
Courage! Live Strong in this fact. You are fully equipped and capable. You are a warrior of heaven and for God. You will see and experience victory...and in the meantime...God is taking care of you.

Blessings!

No comments: