Thursday, June 25, 2009

For Your Good...

“Unerring wisdom ordained your lot, and selected for you the safest and best condition. Remember this, had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there. You are placed by God in the most suitable circumstances. Be content with such things as you have, since the Lord has ordered all things for your good.” - Charles Spurgeon.

I came across this quote this morning as I was reading and spending time with the Lord. Charles Spurgeon was an amazing man. His writings reveal his close relationship with his Savior. I am thankful that he was compelled to share about his times spent with God, that others might benefit.

As I posted yesterday, I am grateful for the fact that God chose me before time as I know it began. I am His. To keep this knowledge close to my conscious state as I go about my duties every day is what I would attempt to do, in order to live my life so that it would speak out loud of that gratitude.

And then today, to read and be reminded that God has ordained my days, every one of them, and has ordered and placed them that I might be in the most "suitable circumstances" all the time. When my days seem less than ideal, there is the knowledge that the One who loves me, whose wings shelter me... is still in control. He has divinely planned or allowed every day of my life to His specifications for what works for my utmost best and His ultimate glory. This gives confidence and courage. This is what FAITH is all about. Believing, not Seeing.

Every morning, if we would only spend time with our Heavenly Father, if only to be reminded of that promise...I think we would stand stronger, fare better, and walk more confidently as we went out to live our lives.

Without God, we walk in darkness
With God, we walk in light.

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." (John 1: 1-5)




I want to see. I am grateful today that I know Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. I know that He has redeemed me. He gives me light to walk in and through this world for my lifetime.

I hope that you know of this confidence. It is life giving.

And truly....it is to die for.

Today, pray for our military people. They are willing to die for your freedom.


Blessings,
signature

No comments: