Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What My MiniVan Tells You...



If you are out driving around one day, and find yourself pulling up behind a van that looks like this, then you have found me! :-)

I find it interesting, amusing, inspiring, and unfortunately, sometimes degrading to read the messages, stickers, magnets and plates on the back of vehicles. You can discern or assume quite a bit about drivers by the statements posted on the autos driven on the roads of America.

I love Jesus Christ, my Redeemer and Savior, and sport an Ichthus fish to testify that I am a "little Christian"...one who truly tries my best to live to give honor and pleasure to my Lord. I am not ashamed of the Gospel. {for all of us who choose to display an auto Christian symbol or saying, we must be on our guard always as we drive... that our road actions also testify to the grace and patience of God!}

I love animals and have been involved in Dog Rescue in the past, and all of my pets are Rescues, so I put in a plug for that charitable work with a supporting ribbon.

I love my dogs, and say so!

"The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel." (Prov. 12:10)







I LOVE my husband! He is an amazing man. I know he loves me and cherishes me. He lets me know. I appreciate and thank God for my good-willed and honorable man.

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:7-9)










I ADORE my 4 kids! They are precious in the sight of this mama. They are our treasures on this earth. Both Kurt and I thank God constantly for them. They are our role models and heroes, believe it or not. We are humbled and privileged to know them.


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
(III John 4)


"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 6:6,7)

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." (Psalm 127: 3-5a)










And my latest magnets reveal that I am a very proud parent of my Marine son committing his life to serve his country and God, and encouraging support for all of our military troops.
"The Lord watches over you -the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from harm- He will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."(Ps.121:5-8)



And I Love my Marine!
"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (2 Timothy 2: 3,4)



That is what I am saying with my little magnets embellishing my minivan. Some may say it's a little "tacky". But this mom and wife and animal lover and daughter of God is unashamed of her feelings and joys in this life. I thank HIM for all the blessings He gives in this life. Count your blessings every day.
God is good... ALL the time... God is GOOD!
Blessings,
signature

No comments: