Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In the Shadow of His Wings...

Today...I am pondering with wonder that I am a child of God. I am HIS. He chose me.
He adopted me to be His daughter. I belong to the Heavenly realm. I am a citizen of God's Country. I am a Princess, as my Father is the King of Kings. I am a warrior because being in that lineage puts me under the calling of a soldier for the holiness, righteousness, and justice of His kingdom...of which there is no end.


I feel humbled and honored to have such a position to stand in. And yet I feel the need to cry out and shout to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who made this position possible for me. My allegiance is to Him, and Him alone. I take my commands from Him.

I read and listen and hear of the condition of this earthly, physical realm we walk in currently. It is frightening. It is angering. It is alarming. And yet I know...that God has it all under His control and watchful eye. I need not fear or worry.

"For you are my refuge, a high tower where my enemies can never reach me. I shall live forever in your tabernacle; oh to be safe beneath the shelter of your wings!.....I lie awake at night thinking of you - of how much you have helped me - and how I rejoice through the night beneath the protecting shadow of your wings. I follow close behind you, protected by your strong right arm....This I declare, that He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I am trusting Him.... For He rescues you from every trap and protects you from the fatal plague. He will shield you with His wings! They will shelter you. His faithful promises are your armor....For Jehovah is my refuge! I choose the God above all gods to shelter me...
For the Lord says, "Because he loves me, I will rescue him; I will make him great because he trusts in my name. When he calls on me, I will answer; I will be with him in trouble and rescue him and honor him. I will satisfy him with a full life and give him my salvation.." (Psalms 61, 63, 91 selections)




I hope and pray that I will continue to grow in my faith step by step in response to His everlasting faithfulness to me and my family. We have no reason, no justification, no answer, no grounds... to ever doubt Him. He has shown so much mercy and grace and love and faithfulness to us. He truly is our rock in the shifting sands of this culture. He fully is the refuge we have to run to when the enemy is overwhelming in his barrage of arrows sent to cripple our hope. He daily is the shelter, the shadow we can rest under when we need to recharge, recover, and be restored to our fully-armed positions, ready to fight for His glory, His victory.

This God is our God. He is the Awesome God of the universe and beyond. Do you grasp this truth today? Have you pondered the wonder of being loved and claimed and protected by the GOD of all gods?

If not...take some time...let the fact that He has chosen you for Himself...blow your socks off today. :-) Then....thank Him. Claim your position as His warrior.

Live for Him. Fight the good fight. Finish this race, in His power, under His wing.

Thanking God and Christ my Savior for who I am today, undeserving, but assured.

Blessings,
signature

No comments: