Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Beautiful Coastline...sigh

Carolina on my mind...



Got this phone photo from my Marine this morning. They are having to do training for night raids on the beach so he shared a pic with me. I know it's not vacation or fun and relaxation for them, but oh it is so beautiful ...

He texted me last night that he was sitting in a "case-pan" on the beach and not enjoying it at all, obviously. (metal sleeping shelter) After all the "short on sleep" nights in West Virginia and then stepping right into night training back in NC, I am sure it can get to be a weary existence for a while, but they are heavy into pre-deployment training, and so it goes....

Tough guys. Committed to the core. Always training, training, training. It's what they do. That way their reactions in life or death situations out of country are second nature, a natural reflex - the multi-man squad becomes one. It is literally drilled into them.

I LOVE my Marine. I am grateful for the military heroes who give it their all every single day in training, in serving, in battle. GOD BLESS THEM. Thanking God for their diligence and sacrifice of a normal life to protect MY freedoms and valuable way of life here at home...peace... God bring them home!

Thank you for your moments of reflection when you are grateful for your home and life in America. Thank you for praying for ALL of them, wherever their boots take them.


Hugs to all.

5 comments:

Dianna said...

What more could be said, my friend? What more needs said? Praying for all of our military and especially for Justin. After what they endured here I don't see how their bodies can hold up...but it is as you say...that's what they do.

Tete said...

Oh, that son of yours is working hard down there with his buddies. Thank him for me- I know there are so many sacrifices and that they work so long and hard to be ready to do what needs done and get back home in safely. And then there's you, momma, sitting and wondering what he is doing and how he is. God bless your heart for all your sleepless nights, tears and prayers- there must be millions by now.
Hoping that this all is coming to a close and that they do bring every last one home at the end of the year.
Pray for my cousin's son, Eric. He's been posting that he has funny feelings and that something just isn't right. He's just been back over there a couple months. This is his 2nd deployment there.
Praying until they all come home.

Anonymous said...

oh Julie so beautiful put and yes this is what they do second nature to them but as mommas we know how hard it is on these "boys". I know truly how each and everyone appreciates these fine young men that you write about and with Christmas coming up if you see a Marine (or any branch of the service) how about picking up their dinner tab for them if they are in a resturant while you are there!!! Look what they do for all of us it is the least we can do, help send goody bags this season and really it shouldn't be just during the holidays nothing surprises them or makes them feel better than something from home even if they don't know the person. A big surprise box on an ordinary day sure would make their day turn to extra ordinary. Just a few thoughts for those wonderful Marines of ours. nancy settel

Sandy said...

You know I am a prayer warrior for our military coming from a military family. You have a wonderful boy and I pray for his protection, strength, wisdom and all the Lord has for him.
Hugs!

Theresa said...

Beautiful scene... even for training:) You KNOW how much I appreciate the Military, I am so thankful for ALL of them and their sacrifice and the sacrifices of their families (us)! We owe them SO MUCH! Have a blessed day my friend, your Son has a bright future ahead! HUGS!