Wednesday, November 2, 2011

W is for Wednesday, Words of Wisdom, and White!

Another Wednesday and I am still loving to go over to Kathleen's when I can and see lovely whites in her long-running White Wednesdays. Always sharing her link for anyone who wants to pop over for inspiration or ideas.



http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/

Today I am posting two quotes that are favorites. One I use every so often just because I think we ALL need to be reminded of it's truth. It is by Mark Twain.


~ "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." ~



The other is by a man who spoke and wrote many wise words... G. K. Chesterton

~ "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." ~

Go marinate on those two today and see if it makes a change in your mindset and outlook! :-)

And now for a couple of whites to throw in the mix over at White Wednesday at FADED CHARM.


the vintage white mantel that was "leaning" against the wall in my previous Dining Room in Charlotte, because I wanted to bring it with me! It fit SO nicely on this wall in the Living Room here. My favorite thing on it?


If anyone said *it's got to be sparkly* you were right on. Love the white jeweled pears.


one of my favorite (white) clocks that hung in the entry hall in Charlotte got moved into this blue and white corner in the Living Room over the twinkle light shutters. By carefully working and working and WORKING, I got the blue and white rooster plate to fit in the cavity or inner base of the clock. WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A DETERMINED WAY! rah...


This pretty white chandelier AND the ceiling medallion both were Goodwill finds in Charlotte. The medallion sat in my closet waiting for the move and the light was in the attic. To show you the difference they make, I can only give a partial view from a pic of the Dining Room in Cedar Rapids that Kurt emailed me when he viewed the house. It was a plain brown metal fixture with simple white globes. (not very attractive just in my opinion, but for the previous owner, I'm sure it suited, so that's okay.)


** for this girl....quite a difference! just hung some crystal berry stems to cover the wiring.

That's enough for today. These posts sometimes begin to ramble and that's not good! As I was posting this I turned and saw my Gideon snoozing here at the foot of our bed. Thought it would be a wild white ending for today. :-) **(yes, I did our master in black and white with some blue thrown in) and this rug, I told Kurt, was to put a little excitement in our lives at this new location in a new walk of life...LoL



{{{Hugs}}} to every single one of my bloggy sisters. Remember the "inconvenience" quote above. What life's circumstances sometimes seem like...may only need a slight adjustment up in our noggin to realize that God is simply giving us an adventure, a challenge, a moment to ponder what all we have that is GOOD, and to take those hard times and push through them fully trusting that at the end God has a "best ending" in mind, if only we would remain faithful in believing it, and Not giving up!

Blessings to you all. "Throw off the bowlines today...."

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Love these quotes and thanks for something
good to marinate in today!
Also love everything you're doing in your
new nest. So pretty and inviting.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Have the doggies settled into their new home yet?
In Jesus, Paula

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Everything looks wonderful, Julie...love your mantle...gorgeous treasures there. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Great quotes:) I love what you are doing with your new home! My favorite is the white clock and beautiful plate in the bottom! Great idea! The chandelier is gorgeous!!!! Is it feeling like home?

Have a blessed evening dear Julie, HUGS!

Privet and Holly said...

I will let both quotes
marinate overnight
as I toddle off to bed....

Love all your whites,
especially the furry one
at the end!

xx Suzanne