Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's FAVORITES feature



Since we have moved to Iowa, I have encountered winds on a consistant basis like no other time in my life...It is rare for there not to be some amount of wind blowing here in Cedar Rapids...( and here I thought Chicago was called the "Windy City!")

But in the winter time...OH MY, it is the cold air blowing combined with the frigid temperatures that will do a Southern girl in. The Wind Chill factors are brutal on the skin. I was applying more and more moisturizers and lip balm the more the winds blew and the temps dropped.



I went out looking for something new, because I didn't think my standby loyal face protections were working here...and when a girl enters her 50's, she needs ALL the help she can get!!!

I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER USED IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME OF USING FACE MOISTURIZERS... I'm not kidding! I have used Olay, L'oreal, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and a number of others... This one trumps them all.



As you can read, it defines this product as a whipped souffle, and it feels so soft after you apply. (probably because it has both shea and cocoa butters in it) There is no leftover feeling or greasiness of ANY kind on your skin and face. (smells nice too!)I put this on my face throughout the day, when I get up in the morning, before I go to bed... before makeup, and in between...It is AWESOME!

It really does moisturize...NO dry skin here girls, and with negative temps and extreme winds swirling around, AND the fact that we have GAS heat in this nest....that is saying a lot. And you won't look like this when you put it on at night!! LOL!!!



I even told Katie that she HAD to go and get some in Charlotte, and try it, after I had used it a couple of weeks. She did and she likes it too!

Well, that is my newly discovered "WOULD-NOT-WANT-TO-LIVE-WITHOUT" facial moisturizer.

I am absolutely SOLD on this Friday FAVORITE!!

It is not available at every store. I got mine at TARGET, and it is probably in some drug stores. I could not find it at my local WalMart or KMart.
It only runs around $8 - 9.00 which is so cheap compared to most high-end face moisturizers...another reason ...

******* I LOVE IT!!!!! *******

So, if you are not totally satisfied with your moisturizer, I highly recommend you getting a Valentine's gift for yourself! Try this one. :-) :-) :-) smiling in Cedar Rapids, Iowa!
{**if you do try it, let me know what you think! }

Hugs to all visiting here today.

Have a GREAT FRIDAY!!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

I WILL buy some of this wonderful cream:) Thank you for the review! I am always in the market for new products! I have really dry skin and this sounds great for that! Have a blessed weekend, BIG HUGS!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I'll have to see if my Target carries it and give it a try.

Lately I've used organic coconut oil. I got concerned about skin products while watching Dr. Oz one day. Everything really does get absorbed into your skin and into your body. The oil is moisturizing and it's absorbed quite easily so you don't feel greasy.

Sandy said...

Well, even though I am older than you I still do not need much in the way of a moisturizer. This sounds great for dry skin but mine is still on the oily side. Though I always hated that now I'm glad because I have no serious wrinkles to speak of.
Have a great weekend there in cold snowy Iowa and send some my way.
xo

Anonymous said...

Never tried that stuff - but now I will!!! I've got a recommendation for you - Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion With Soothing Oat Essence (in pump container - fragrance free). I use it every day after I shower. Great stuff!
In Jesus, Paula

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for sharing, I love Aveeno products and I am going to try this one as soon as I can get over the mountain! ;D

Lili said...

Yes, I've used this before and I love it too. Also, for a body lotion you can't beat Gold Bond . All the old duffers around here swear by it too. xo ~Lili