Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Pinterest" Phobia...

Pinterest - an online pinboard to organize and share photos of ideas and things you love.




Phobia - usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational.



Yes...I have NOT joined pinterest. And I would say at times, I have committed to great lengths in avoiding it....curiosity being the archenemy in this case. But what I know about myself, and what I have heard and read about Pinterest leads to this conclusion

Number one...Pinterest IS ADDICTING. (*have read SOS's of people needing to be saved, or developing blood clots from sitting so long pinning!!) lol

Number two...I CAN BE WEAK!!

Number three...Me + Pinterest would =



And so with wisdom...I will continue to "commit to great lengths" to avoid it...for now!

In the mean time.... I do have my own little PIN-IT board right in front of me...it changes at different times as I find pics I really like...



and another up above my right shoulder in my personal computer nook...my very own little space in our bedroom.



How about you??? Are you an avid Pinner?....an addicted Pinner? an asylum-bound Pinner? (hopelessly drowning in it- need therapy?) O.O - or an avoiding Pinner...like me?

Do you have your own little "off-line" Pin board? :-)

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I enjoy Pinterest. I told everyone I was not going to join but with so many of my blogging friends talking about it I looked into it. I would say Pinterest is like a big online magazine. It's lots of fun and can be educational depending on what you pin. On my boards I have things about stuff that interests me like: Bible verses, inspirational pictures, cooking, animals, fashion, music, decorating, crafts, etc. When I see a picture I like I pin it. There's no addiction for me. Just lots of fun. I think I know you well enough to say you'd really enjoy it and not let yourself get addicted and we could follow each other's boards!
Love & Hugs~
Sandy

Theresa said...

WELL... I have been wanting to join just to see what ALL the HYPE is about, BUT they put me on a waiting list:) SO, I have done my part but until they accept me, I am safe from the addiction for now!

Enjoy your week my friend, BIG HUGS!

Sandy said...

Hey Dear Julie,
Tell your friend, Theresa, I can get her into Pinterest. I can invite anyone. It takes forever if you wait on Pinterest for your invite.
xo

Dianna said...

Cute post, Julie! I have to tell you that when I pinned the little cowboy from Monday to my Smiles board I IMMEDIATELY had not 1, not 2, but SEVEN repins! You are keeping the world smiling, friend!

I've already shared with you how I feel about Pinterest...a fun way to get new ideas, recipes, etc. and I just do it with a set amount of time to spend and stick with it!
No addiction here! :-)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Nope, you are not alone. I do look at it but I haven't joined. I think it's a good idea if you're gathering ideas for a project or want to have recipes in one place. If you truly use. I think a lot of people just pin stuff and never do any of it or look at.

But you know, I'm always the last person to jump on any social media bandwagon :)

Anonymous said...

Can you get fat on eye candy?
- In Jesus, Paula

Lili said...

I'm sorry to report that I have a Pinterest monkey on my back. Let me know if you need me to enable an addiction for you too. xo ~Julie