Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unexpected Gifts By The Wayside

I TIMOTHY 4: 7,8 - "SPEND YOUR TIME AND ENERGY IN THE EXERCISE OF KEEPING SPIRITUALLY FIT. BODILY EXERCISE IS ALL RIGHT, BUT SPIRITUAL EXERCISE IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT AND IS A TONIC FOR ALL YOU DO. SO EXERCISE YOURSELF SPIRITUALLY, AND PRACTICE BEING A BETTER CHRISTIAN BECAUSE THAT WILL HELP YOU NOT ONLY NOW IN THIS LIFE, BUT IN THE NEXT LIFE, TOO. "

Are you into recycling?

Today I sure am!

Kurt and I took the doggies for their nightly constitutional around 10:15 or so last night, and as we walked by a neighbor's house on another street, we noticed some large objects curbside.

Tuesday is Garbage Day in our area, and there sitting by the street was a very nice exercycle, waiting to be picked up as a "bulky item." The family's lights were on, and the blue glow of their television let me know they were still awake, so I gave them a call, and asked if the machine still worked okay. The man of the house said, "Yes, it works just fine, but the gauge that shows you how fast you are going is missing."

I replied to him that I didn't mind one bit. I really didn't want to know how slow I would be going! :-)

Upon completion of our walk, my sweet hubby got in his truck, went back, loaded up the bike and brought it home. He carried it upstairs to Justin's room where I work out now. He's a jewel.

So, with all of this "Greenie" talk going on, and the recycling push, one might say that between two neighbors working together, we did a good thing last night. Someone got an unwanted item out of their house. We got a "wished for" item into our house. And all for F-R-E-E.

I'm more inclined to say that God is Good. You just never know what's going to be placed along your path in this life that is really just another blessing from the Lord....(even when you are out walking the dog.) :-)

Now I shall go "re-cycle" some of my calories into energy to burn off some excess pounds. (hopefully)

Then I think I'll write those neighbors a Thank-You note!

Thank you Lord. :-)








signature

No comments: