Friday, March 20, 2009

I AM HIS!

"Last of all I want to remind you that your strength must come from the Lord's mighty power within you...pray all the time. Ask God for anything in line with the Holy Spirit's wishes. Plead with Him reminding Him of your needs..." (Ephesians 6:10,18)


The victories of one day do not mean they will automatically win the trials of the next! Every day I must persevere in my faith. I cannot be half-hearted in my devotion to my Lord. It is only with uncompromising commitment to Him that I can ever achieve anything beyond a "shallow" walk with Christ.

Every day by searching His words, I am learning God's heavenly principles to apply to my earthly walk. It is up to me to put those lessons to work. I can read and learn all day, every day. I can be filled up with enough "good stuff" to last me from now until the end of my days. But if I do not use it, I am going to abuse it or lose it.

It's not what I know. It's what I do. It's what I am. It's how I live....that will impact the world around me. I need to understand that I am unable on my own to do this very thing. I must realize how helpless I am in myself, and the need of God's power to help me "walk the walk." In and of myself, I CANNOT be genuine. There will always be some measure of pride, or lack of faith that will erode my witness for Jesus Christ. It is only by God's grace and His giving to me the very gift of faith that I can even carry out such a high calling. I am totally dependent on Him to make my life usable for His purposes.

So I commit afresh every morning. I come before my Lord and submit my spirit to do whatever HIS will is for me that day. Even if I stumble and even if I fall!...I will not lose His love or grace. HE will set me back on the path. He will guide me and give me strength to persevere!

He will shower over me the courage and the confidence to press on, and I will know that He is full of mercy, forgiving me and cheering me on!

Hear the words of Brother Lawrence:

"Ah! knew we but the want we have of the grace and assistance of God, we should never lose sight of Him - no, not for a moment." (The Practice of the Presence of God)



Translation: If we only knew how very needy we are of God's help and grace to make it through every day we walk on this earth, we would never, ever let ourselves be far from Him in our minds and hearts...not even for a minute!


God longs for us to look to Him for all that we need. What an awesome thought that He loves us so much. He cares to know us and to help us through this life. Not because of who we are, but because of Who He Is! Pursue Your God!


signature




No comments: