Sunday, March 22, 2009

A NEW BEGINNING!

"The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined." Ps.50:1,2


As I sit at my window, the sun is rising. It is beautiful. A blazing orange sphere in the sky, so bright I cannot look directly at it. It is another day. This event tells me so every time I witness it. Why do I love to get up and be a part of this moment in time?

There are days I want to stay in my warm bed. Stay put. It's so comforting. It's where I want to be at the moment. My body tells me to stay....just stay. My mind tells me...get up... just do it!

My heart tells me arise...you will miss out on something that strengthens you, that inspires you. It is the desire of my faith calling out. Go and see. God is releasing a new day. The sunrise is unfolding across the sky...she waits for no one. She appears in all her glory and announces the new day.

I know why I love to view this daily event. Every 24 hours it reminds me that all is new at that moment. Another day of life is presenting itself full of possibilities and unknown opportunities.

I only have to be a witness of this moment in nature to realize that God is here. He is in all that moves and breathes in this world. He is in the sunrise, orchestrating the beginning of something beautiful about to have its start. And He will remain throughout the entire day overseeing and controlling all that is to be. And as the day slowly fades, He will paint the ending, thrusting His Creative paintbrush across the wide expanse of the heavens giving it His final touch of beauty and affirmation. It is His way of saying, I am still here. I have ordained and remained, from beginning to end, this moment in your life.

The next time you see the sun rising up above the horizon, peering out, watching to see who is anxiously awaiting her dramatic entrance into the new day, remember that it is God-ordained.

It is the very picture of God announcing a new beginning. Allow yourself to be moved as you witness the birth of a new day! Feel yourself get excited about new opportunities. Yesterday is gone. It will not return.

Today is here. Who or What will influence you in all you do today? Chances are it is whatever you start your day with, in the first moments, as you arise and step out.

Our God is awesome. Even if man will not choose to recognize Him afresh in the new beginnings of another day, nature itself will. The very drama of the sun rising each morning proclaims that the hand of God has done something inexplicable in the creation of this world. He has put this world in its place, in an infinite universe. He holds all things together. He is the Sustainer of our lives, our very days.... every day. He loves us. He keeps us. He longs for us to arise and see the Hand of our God sweeping across the skies shouting His presence is still in our world.

Rise up, and reclaim in yourself what God proclaims. It is a new day. Go out with the assurance that Your God has set it in place. He is watching and waiting to see what you will do with this limited amount of hours, what you will accomplish in His name, before the sun sets and ends another day.

Praise your Lord with all that is within you. He is continually renewing you, every day. Watch the sun rise tomorrow and feel this miracle take place. He awaits for you to be a part of His plans. He wants you to know and believe that with HIM you can do anything.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee." Ps. 84:11,12

Every day is a new gift from God. What you do with it is your gift back to HIM.

This piece of music is absolutely one of my all time favorites for inspiration, as is the movie it was written for. Watch this beautiful video and see if you can not help but be inspired. Go out and pursue every day, compelled to live for the ONE who gave you the gift of it.

Blessings!


signature


No comments: