Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I TIMOTHY 4: 7,8 - "SPEND YOUR TIME AND ENERGY IN THE EXERCISE OF KEEPING SPIRITUALLY FIT. BODILY EXERCISE IS ALL RIGHT, BUT SPIRITUAL EXERCISE IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT AND IS A TONIC FOR ALL YOU DO. SO EXERCISE YOURSELF SPIRITUALLY, AND PRACTICE BEING A BETTER CHRISTIAN BECAUSE THAT WILL HELP YOU NOT ONLY NOW IN THIS LIFE, BUT IN THE NEXT LIFE, TOO. "



I am using the same verse again that I used in my last post, because I was reminded of a lesson when I was thinking about our walk and the curbside treasure.

Monday night I was feeling the length of the day, having started my "5:30 AM club" that morning. I almost decided not to walk and asked Kurt if he just wanted to skip it for that night.

But he was willing to go ahead and take another walking partner, so he changed my mind.

If we had not gone on the walk and I had not practiced discipline to just "Do It", if only for the sake of the dogs.... I would not have found my treasure by the curb.

And what a shame that would have been. I rode the exercycle last night and it is very nice!


I am so thankful to the Lord for a surprise blessing.

I got to thinking about the times we are tired, or just a little pressed for time and maybe postpone our time with the Lord, whether it's reading the Word, or praying and sharing with Him.

What if God had some unexpected treasures in the Bible passages laying before our eyes that morning that would have been "just the ticket" to get us through the rough spot we were going to face later in the day. What a shame!! If only we would practice that little measure of discipline to just "Do It!"... if only for the sake of our Lord who is always delighted, I am sure, to have us come and sit with Him.

Think of all the great stuff we may be missing every time we skip that opportunity. And the moments spent with our Lord are an investment of our time. The returns are unimaginable. :-)


So!....Next time I am even leaning towards the thought that I'm too tired, or don't have time to go and visit with my Savior, I'm going to remember that neat treasure sitting there on the curb just WAITING for me to pass by and scoop it up, and use it to stay physically fit.

Then I will be inspired to NOT skip my time with Christ, because there are definitely spiritual treasures I need to see and use to stay spiritually fit to be a better wife, a better mom and a better Christian!

Discipline is Deliberate. Discipline is Determined. Discipline is Defining.

Use that measure of discipline that is in you. Stretch it and strengthen it, and watch your "character muscles" grow.

Blessings!

**Today my youngest turns 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**



signature

No comments: